FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Nothing to eat or drink for 8 (eight) hours prior to dental procedure with the exception of water.
- No fluids, including water, are to be consumed two (2) hours prior to dental procedure.
- It is essential to discuss with your dentist whether you should take medication(s) you otherwise take on a regular basis.
- Under no circumstances should you continue the intake of medications unless otherwise discussed with your dentist prior to treatment, including but not limited to; marijuana, anti-depressants, psychotropic drugs, etc.
- Remove nail polish from at least one fingernail on each hand.
- Wear loose casual clothing for your appointment (e.g., short sleeve t-shirt).
- Female patients should wear loose/casual pants (no dresses or skirts).
- All jewelry and valuables should be left at home.
- Refrain from all forms of smoking prior to treatment (including marijuana and tobacco use).
- Under no conditions can you drive yourself home.
- A responsible adult with a vested interest in your safety must accompany you home.
- Rides must check in with patients upon arrival (a taxi driver or similar service is not an acceptable escort).
- Depending on the treatment you're having completed, your ride may be asked to collect your prescriptions while you are in your procedure.
- It is recommended that someone stay with you for up to 6 (six) hours or longer if possible once you arrive home following your treatment.
CHANGE IN HEALTH STATUS
- To cancel or change your appointment, 7 (seven) business days notice is required. If your appointment is cancelled within those 7 (seven) business days, your deposit will be held and an additional deposit will be required prior to rescheduling your appointment.
- If your general health deteriorates (e.g. cold, cough, fever, etc.), please contact the program coordinator 3 (three) days prior to the day of the appointment.
- If in doubt, please phone to report a change in your health status.
WOMEN ONLY - BREASTFEEDING
- If you are breastfeeding it is imperative that you build up a 48-hour supply prior to your IV sedation appointment.
- Following your appointment, you will be asked to waste any breast milk you produce for the next 48 hours.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
- Taking your safety into consideration, should any of the sedation instructions fail to meet our standards, your treatment will be cancelled by the office and your deposit will be held. A new deposit of $300 00 will be required to reschedule your appointment. No exceptions will be made.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. It is important that you understand the circumstances surrounding this treatment.